Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Museum of the Moving Image

The visit last week to the Museum of the Moving Image was very productive. It actually was a factor in deciding to stay with a liberal arts major instead of transferring to business next semester as I had planned. In a sense it opened my eyes to the power that visual production has in relaying any message. If you can keep a person interested and appeal to them in a way they can grasp you have opened them to absorbing what you want to tell them. Specifically for this cluster I think it was a very inspirational tool. It showed another side of what we've been discussing since day 1 in this class, the power of what you see. Although I was late to meet up with the rest of the class I feel the exhibits I did see were very interesting. Particularly the carousel under the strobe light. Odd how something can tell a completely different story depending on it's movement and lighting. I did a lot of my own experimenting with the exhibits instead of sticking with the class but I think it probably is a good chance for people in the class to mingle as well and interact in a different environment. It definitely came right on time too. Just late enough in the semester where a majority of the work should either be done or close to it, but late enough where learning based on comparison to the content in this class was possible. The trip was on point. It should definitely stay in Dr. Smith's layout in this class for future students taking this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment