Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Digital Writer" Response and Reflection

The best possible way to view your work from different angles is definitely to compare other people's works in reference to how it evolved from scratch. I'd like to think that by now I do have some sort of formula that works for written productions. However, there is always room for improvement. The 103 students' work I did review seemed very well thought out. I specifically like Paola's paper. Her narrative style of telling the story through a course of events really drew my attention. I personally grasp the idea better when I can follow the cause and effect of events. This started with a core idea, details which sparked a course of events and outline a means to an end. The end in this case being a new beginning. Written works such as these are definitely an art form. The only setback I can say that runs uniformly through out everyone's works that I've read this semester is time. I personally tryed to cut this factor out of the equation all together. I figured I can maximize my time by tending to two other necessities in a work place. These would be comfort and accessibility. Getting a hold of video editing software for my home PC was definitely the wisest move I've made this semester. Much like a written work though I started with a core idea, layed down the track work and filled in the gaps. The 103 students' works as seen through the process of production helped me see the bigger picture from the beginning. Much appreciation to both them and Dr. Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment